Monday, October 18, 2010

Provo Round #2

This weekend I was lucky enough to be able to visit Ivy again! My Andrew aunts and uncles were celebrating my grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary, so I asked to be just dropped off at BYU. I arrived just after Ivy had raced in the school's mini-triathlon, and had finished strong. We (she) recovered in her apartment in the Foreign Language Housing where she studies Spanish. 

Later in the afternoon we hiked up Rock Canyon, which is only a 15 min. walk from campus. The fall colors were pretty, and the cool air was perfect for a hike. There were several groups climbing and mountain biking, and we joined the many couples that were obviously hiking for a date. We explored the canyon, found a cool cave, and crossed the stream several times. Ivy told me about Squaw Peak that overlooks the canyon and times that she's climbed it. Pretty cool!

After we walked back into town, she showed me around campus and all the things that she does around there. We had dinner at the Ruby Thai restaurant and then watched a flick at the International Cinema. I invited her over to my grandparent's house for the night and the next day, and we stayed there with all my crazy wild cousins and family. Sunday we went to church and after lunch we dropped Ivy off and headed home to Moab (where my new climbing harness had arrived! Now I have all the gear I need to climb with my friends). What an awesome weekend.

Exploding colors in Rock Canyon

4 comments:

Read/Write/Run said...

Chris,

Awesome background picture. I was in Moab for a brief time back in 2002 with the CT wildland fire crew. I liked the vistas out there.
Hey, I just started a blog. I'm trying to put together a group of individuals who like running etc..Are you intersted in joining. Stop by my blog sometime and share.

Ken

Joe Bradley said...

C.F.A.!!

Whats' up man!? Hey sorry we didn't hang out this weekend, when I got your message I was already up in Bountiful with the familia. Looks like you guys had fun though, I love Rock Canyon. Hey you should come up again sometime after the snow starts falling, Morgan, Stephen and I want to try doing some snow-shoeing, plus we're just cool anyway. Hey! nice blog pic by the way ;) Talk to ya later man, give me a call sometime you wanna do something crazy!

-Broseph Bradley

Chris Andrew said...

Hey Joe! Yeah, bummer - next time. Man, I'm for SURE gonna come up after it snows! Did you see, snowshoeing is on my bucket list. Just an idea here, but how cool would it be to snowshoe to a yurt that we could rent and camp there?!

Haha, yeah, there's this crazy awesome photographer that took it for me :D and I'll keep you in mind when I do crazy things.

CFA

Brian Hays said...

Let me know when we can put that climbing gear to use again!