Monday, July 19, 2010

Climbing

I climbed some routes at Mill Creek today with some river guide friends; Karen, Scott, Lauren, and Ivy. I learned a couple things... one of them is that I'm addicted. I had climbed a couple times before, but it was mostly just with my scout troop a long time ago and with mediocre gear. I started bouldering at Big Bend, but that's more technical and difficult. I get a bigger sense of satisfaction when I finish a hard climb. I need to work out more and get better on my form and technique. I need a new pair of shoes and a harness, and then I'll begin to slowly acquire my own gear. If anybody has used gear they don't use, I might be willing to buy it from them. I'm learning how to belay pretty well, so if anybody out there wants a climbing partner or if you'll just let me tag along, I'd love to go!

No comments: