Sunday, June 20, 2010

River Life

This summer I got a job as a riverguide! I'm working for World Wide River Expeditions, the Hazlett's rafting company. Right now I'm mostly doing one-day and three-day trips down the Fisher Towers section of the Colorado River. There are a lot of youth conferences and scout groups that come for river trips.

Guides at Moab Diner during training.


Jed, Mike and I got the same Chacos!


Sheena and I on the Desolation Canyon training trip.

Firewater Canyon in Deso.

Rowing the daily


Most of the times I'm guiding a boat like this, a paddleboat with 8-12 passengers.


Moab Action Shots takes pictures of all the boating companies and posts them online. Check them out!

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Hey!!! You guys go into the river by my house.. you know where the road forks and the to the right and it says private property that's my stepdad's land. I live there..

Chris Andrew said...

Yeah! Just yesterday one of my passengers asked me if anybody lives there and I told them my friend did! Remember when we went there to eat breakfast for Sadie's?