Sunday, September 8, 2013

Camping at Hyrum Res


This weekend Wes (Elder Mangum, mission buddy) and I decided to get a group together and go camping at Hyrum Reservoir. The plan was to stay the night and swim the next morning, but we didn't quite make it that far. We got to the lake, found a secluded campsite, saw a screeching owl, and had a weenie roast. We neglected to bring a tent, but I checked the weather before and it was only a 20% chance of precip so I figured we'd be fine.

Yeah, right.

It sprinkled on and off all night, but about 2am it started to dump. I was a little concerned because we were in kind of a wash, and pretty soon all of us were soaking in our sleeping bags. So we packed back to Logan and by the time we got there around 3am, the rain was done and it didn't rain again all night. Needless to say I was a little bitter, but I got an excuse to wash my sleeping bag and it was worth it.
:)

Emily, Wes, Mackelle, Rachel, Kevin, Cassidy, and Chris
We'll be back out before too long! This time maybe a little more prepared.

No comments: