Thursday, May 19, 2011

Life for two years

I got it today: my mission call to Sacramento, California. I leave August 17th. English speaking. Getting the envelope and opening it, reading the letter and mission information... it was all so surreal. I knew it was coming, but it was just a little unexpected. You know Christmas day, when you've been waiting all year, and then it's finally here? It's like "Woah man, it's Christmas." except it's "Woah man, I'm living in California for two years to teach the gospel." You know? Crazy.


Now the shock has worn off a little, I'm pretty excited. Sacramento is right. Life is good.

6 comments:

merrill and linda said...

Awesome! You will be a great missionary!

Moab Cozzens said...

Ah, so great, Chris!! They're gonna LOVE you there :)

Sherrie said...

Awesome, Chris! I'm so happy for you! You'll do great and have a great time! Clinton is loving his life in Mexico right now.

Waldo said...

Great news Chris! Time to start practicing your ketchup spaghetti sauce recipes. If you need any help with let me know.

Annalee Andrew said...

I'm very excited for you! I know that this will be one of the best experiences of your life. Now we need to get you your first suit!!!

Jason Schern said...

Great news, we're so excited for you. You'll be an amazing missionary.